Economics

Sunday, January 16, 2011

I was there dude!

For we did not follow cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For when he received honor and glory from God the Father, and the voice was borne to him by the Majestic Glory, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased," we ourselves heard this very voice borne from heaven, for we were with him on the holy mountain.
(2 Peter 1:16-18)

If you are skeptic by nature, and a Christian, the veracity and historicity of the Scriptures are of unparalleled importance. Everything hinges on the gospels. Did God really become flesh? Did he cast out demons? Did he really feed 5000 people with 5 loaves and 2 fish?
 In his 2nd epistle, Peter “the rock” apostle makes a pretty simple argument: You can’t make this stuff up.
Booming voice coming down from heaven? Yeah, I was there. I saw all of it. It really did all go down just like Matthew, Mark, and the boys recorded it. Also, at this point, I imagine Peter mulling a few memories with a bit of inner embarassment …

Remember the ear-chopping incident? Remember anything about me denying Jesus 3 times? Not the highlight of my week. Oh yeah, He also called me SATAN. Just in case you had any doubts about the whole story (and I know you do) don’t you think I probably would try to make a few edits to the cleverly devised end product? Just so, ya know, so I didn’t come across like a big jack wagon ?!

No comments:

Post a Comment